Zoomdata is a Reston , Virginia -based data visualization and analytics company founded in 2012. 
Zoomdata markets a data visualization and analytics tool that allows customers to explore and analyze the vast quantities of data in their datastores. Data Sharpening.   The approach involves returning the results of a query that is running instantly, while the image ‘sharpens’ and Becoming a data collector is a product that connects directly to a database, search, streaming, flat file, and in-memory data sources Matt Asay of readwrite.com compared to a movie, where you see some results immediately, soon followed by the whole. 
Zoomdata also gives users access to the company’s D3.js -based Visualization Studio to edit D3 code and create custom visualizations from within the tool. With the Visualization Studio, users can “live-code” and view changes they are making as they type.
Awards & Recognition
In June 2016, Zoomdata won the Big Data and Analytics Innovation Award in the annual Hot Tickets competition hosted by The Northern Virginia Technology Council.  Zoomdata was also awarded an Information Technology Innovation Award in September 2016 from Ventana Research in the category of Operational Intelligence.  Justin Langseth, CEO of Zoomdata, was recognized by Goldman Sachs as one of the Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs of 2016 at its Builders + Innovators Summit. 
In November 2012 Zoomdata announced a $ 1.1 million seed round with funding from a series of angel investors.  In July 2013 Zoomdata Raised to $ 4.1 Million A round led by Columbus Nova Technology Partners (CNTP) with participation from New Enterprise Associates (NEA), CIT GAP Funds, Razor ‘s Edge Ventures and B7.  The company has annoncé $ 17 million Series B led by Accel Partners in October 2014 with participation from Existing investors NEA, STP, Razor’s Edge Ventures, and B7. 
In February 2016 Zoomdata closed a series C round of funding of $ 25 million, led by Goldman Sachs. According to Robert J. Terry at the Washington Business Journal “Joining Goldman’s Principal Strategic Investments Group in the round was new investor Comcast Ventures and previous backers Accel Partners, Columbus Nova Technology Partners and New Enterprise Associates, based in Chevy Chase.” 
Zoomdata’s executive team includes:
- CEO, Justin Langseth  Clarabridge and Augaroo   and currently holds 14 technology Patents . 
- CFO, Bob Aldrich  
- CTO, Ruhollah Farchchi 
- CMO, Nick Halsey 
- VP of Sales, Tom Ulrich 
- VP of Product Management, Mike Allen 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Overly, Steven (6 October 2014). “Zoomdata collects $ 17M from the slate of investors that includes Accel Partners” . The Washington Post . Retrieved 3 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Zoomdata Scores $ 17M to Help Update the Business Intelligence Market” . TechCrunch . Retrieved 6 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Zoomdata Raises $ 17m to Beautify Big Data = LightReading- Reedy, Sarah” . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Asay, Matt. “Finally-Business Intelligence Comes To Big Data” . readwrite.com . Retrieved 3 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Here are the N. Va. Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket ‘Winners’ . Washington Post . Retrieved 5 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Technology Innovation Awards” . Ventana Research . Retrieved 5 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Zoomdata CEO Justin Langseth Honored by Goldman Sachs for Entrepreneurship” . MarketWatch . Retrieved 5 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Big Data Visualization Startup with Zoomdata Launches with $ 1.1M Seed Funding” . PR Newswire . Retrieved 13 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Here’s how it looks when Big Data goes mobile first” . Giga-Harris, Derrick . Retrieved 13 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Goldman Sachs Leads $ 25M funding round in Zoomdata” . Washington Business Journal . Retrieved 16 February 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Real-Time Data Warehousing: Challenges and Solutions” . DDS Resources . Retrieved 2 February 2004 .
- Jump up^ “Justin Langseth” . O’Reilly . Retrieved 10 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “An Interview with Justin Langseth” . Northern Virginia Technology Council . Retrieved 8 May 2006 .
- Jump up^ “Patents by Inventor Justin Langseth” . Patent Buddy . Retrieved 13 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Parature Names Robert Aldrich Chief Financial Officer” . Parature . Retrieved 7 March 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Microsft Acquires for $ 100m to Boster Knowledge Base for Dynamic CRM Platform” . Tech Crunch = Williams, Alex . Retrieved 6 January2014 .
- Jump up^ https://www.zoomdata.com/about-zoomdata/
- Jump up^ “Nick Halsey together ZoomData” . www.cmosonthemove.com . Retrieved 2016-12-09 .
- Jump up^ “Tom Ulrich” . Business Week . Retrieved 3 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ https://www.zoomdata.com/press-release/zoomdata-adds-silicon-valley-headquarters-and-expands-leadership-team/