TubeMogul is an enterprise software company for brand advertising. 
TubeMogul is headquartered in Emeryville, California and has global offices located in Chengdu (China), Chicago, Detroit, Kiev, New York, London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Paris, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney, Toronto, and Tokyo. 
In November 2016, Adobe Systems Incorporated announced an agreement to acquire TubeMogul.  
TubeMogul was founded by Brett Wilson and John Hughes while enrolled as MBA students at the University of California’s Haas School of Business .  In 2007, the TubeMogul team led by Wilson and Hughes won the Haas Business Plan Competition, which provided seed money for the development and launch of the product. In its original design, TubeMogul was a cross-platform online video analytics tool in 2007.  Video producers uploaded content through TubeMogul, which would then distribute and track performance across video sharing sites. 
In 2010, TubeMogul launched Playtime, an online video ad network , to help marketers deliver ads to their target audience. Playtime differentiated itself from other online networks with its self-service.  In 2011, TubeMogul combined the Playtime ad network with the video syndication platform to become a demand-side platform (DSP) for brand advertisers.  TubeMogul’s DSP aggregates multiple source sources, including advertising exchanges, supply-side platforms, multichannel video networks and multichannel video programming distributors.
In 2012, TubeMogul introduced its BrandSafe technology, which ensured that advertisements did not appear to be even more problematic.  In 2013, TubeMogul launched BrandPoint, which allows marketers to execute digital video buys on a gross rating point (GRP) basis, traditionally used by TV advertisers to measure a campaign’s effectiveness. 
TubeMogul became a publicly traded company on July 18, 2014, and is listed with the NASDAQ Global Select Market using the ticker symbol “TUBE” (See § IPO ).
In December 2014, TubeMogul released PTV, a Programmatic TV software solution driven locally and nationally, addressable and VOD television media buys. 
In November 2015, TubeMogul launched technology enabling cross-screen advertising planning. The software helps marketers understand which media channels to invest in by deduplicating their target audience across traditional TV, social platforms and digital channels. This technique improves upon previous solutions that only permit the use of digital cameras and mobile devices. 
Also in 2015, TubeMogul participated in a third-party assessment of Video Demand Side Platforms by Forrester Research . In the Q4 2015 Wave Report, TubeMogul was named one of the leading marketers in the “Current Offering” category. The present results are based on current market positioning, strategy and market presence. Out of ten evaluated companies, TubeMogul received the highest score in “Planning Capabilities,” achieving 4.60 out of 5 possible points, and 5 out of 5 points in both “TV Campaign Extension” and “Client Satisfaction” categories. 
In 2016, TubeMogul announced partnerships and integrations with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and SnapChat.    TubeMogul received the distinction of being the first video advertising platform awarded to Partner Marketing badge from Facebook  and was one of eight advertising partners chosen by their initial monetization release strategy. 
TubeMogul received icts initial funding after-winning the Lester Center’s Business Plan Competition while co-founders John Hughes and Brett Wilson Were studying at UC Berkeley ‘s Haas School of Business in 2007.  The company received seed funding from NetService Ventures Later That Saami year.   They also received funding from Roger Ehrenberg of IA Capital in early 2008. 
In February 2008, TubeMogul Raised $ 3 Million in Series A led funding by Trinity Ventures.  In October 2008, they acquired Illuminex, a video analytics company founded by Jason Lopatecki and Adam Rose, for an undisclosed amount.  
They raised $ 10 million in their B Series in March 2009, led by Foundation Capital .  In December 2012 the company raised $ 28 million in the first tranche of its Series C , led by Northgate Capital. The second installment of the C Series was led by SingTel Innov8, a corporate venture capital arm of the SingTel Group, along with Cross Creek Capital, for $ 10 million in May 2013. 
TubeMogul filed its S-1 form with the SEC on March 26, 2014.    On July 18, 2014 TubeMogul became a publicly traded company. They have a total of $ 43.8 million in their initial offering.   TubeMogul became the first, and is currently the only, publicly-traded enterprise software company offering programmatic digital brand advertising. 
In November 2016, Adobe Systems Incorporated announced an agreement to acquire TubeMogul for $ 14 per share, or approximately $ 540 million, in cash.   The deal is expected to close in Adobe’s first quarter of 2017. 
Non-Human Traffic Credit Program
In February 2016, TubeMogul announced the development of a new anti-ad fraud initiative called the Non-Human Traffic Credit Program. Effective April 2016, the company will automatically refund customers whose ads were served to non-human traffic, also known as bots. TubeMogul partnered with ad fraud detection company White Ops, which will apply its verification technology across every video ad through TubeMogul’s Open RTB platform. The service is available to all customers who have a “master service agreement” with TubeMogul.  
In March 2016, TubeMogul is launching an advertising campaign.   TubeMogul claims that “Google has made a conscious decision to move itself to the rest of the industry.” The campaign hints at Google’s move to restrict third-party companies from buying YouTube ads through the DoubleClick Ad Exchange. 
Open Video Viewability (OpenVV)
In May 2013, TubeMogul and several other advertising technology vendors formed the Open Video View ( OpenVV ) consortium to help facilitate the adoption of a standard view for online video advertising.  OpenVV is an open-source code that provides marketers verification that they have not been viewed by human eyes and reasons for non-viewability.  TubeMogul founded the initiative with BrightRoll, Innovid , SpotXChange, and LiveRail; current members include Nielsen , comScore , TrustE , and VivaKi . 
In June 2015, the IAB Tech Lab took over the management of the OpenVV initiative as they continued to ramp up efforts in creating a common, scalable and interoperable technical solution to effectively measure viewability for video. The transfer of management for OpenVV marked the first industry initiative to be on-boarded by the IAB Tech Lab, a nonprofit research and development organization. 
Fraud / Fake Pre-Roll
In 2012, TubeMogul launched fakepreroll.com to raise awareness about video ads that have been shown in inventory oftentimes, oftentimes without the marketer’s knowledge.  The site was taken down after several times by TubeMogul cease-and-desist orders.
In 2014, TubeMogul reported the existence of three botnets , responsible for defrauding advertisers for a potential $ 10 million each month.  
In March 2014, IPG Mediabrands and TubeMogul announced the “Ad-Tech Apprenticeship,” a one-year intensive training program designed to give college graduates a holistic view of the digital advertising industry.  
- 2009 South by Southwest ( SXSW ) Best Online Video-Related Technology Winner   
- 2009 AlwaysOn OnMedia 100 Award Winner 
- 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Winner 
- 2013 Inc. Top 100 Advertising and Marketing Companies # 29 
- 2013 Inc. Hire Power Award Top 10 Advertising and Marketing Companies # 9 
- 2013 Lead 411 Tech200 # 14 
- 2013 Deloitte Fast 500 # 35 
- 2013 iMedia Connection ASPY Awards – Winner Best Customer Service Award 
- 2014 San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work # 35 
- 2014 The Drum Digital Trading Awards – Winner’s Advertiser’s Choice of Ad Technology 
- 2014 AIMA Awards – Winner Outstanding Technical Achievement for Viewability Reporting and Audit 
- 2015 Glassdoor – Winner “Best Places to Work” at People’s Choice Awards, TubeMogul was ranked 5th for companies with less than 1,000 employees. 
- 2015 iMedia ASPY Awards – Best Video Partner 
- 2015 The Drum Digital Trading Awards – Winner’s Most Effective Programmatic Media Partnership. 
- 2016 iMedia ASPY Awards – Best Video Partner 
- 2016 The Drum Digital Trading Awards – Winner’s Most Effective Programmatic Media Partnership. 
- 2016 Fortune Great Places to Work – Winner “Top 100 Places to Work for Millennials” 
- 2016 Digiday Video Awards – Winner Best Video Advertising Partners. 
Open Source contributions
TubeMogul is both a consumer and a contributor to open source software.  TubeMogul’s contributions include a list of Puppet Modules released on the Forge Puppet,    and OpenVV.  
TubeMogul also contributes to an Engineering Blog , other open source projects on Github,  meetup,   and public talk at conferences like Velocity ,  USENIX LISA ,   SRECon,  ] SuiteWorld,  Puppet Camp,  OpenStack Summit,  Nagios World.  
TubeMogul has successfully adopted a private cloud strategy while going through hyper-growth and leveraging OpenStack open source project . The solution is now providing the basis of the Adobe Advertising Cloud. 
- Demand-Side Platform
- Online Advertising
- Programmatic Marketing
- Real-Time Bidding
- Video Ad Platform
- Video Advertising
- Jump up^ Cromwell Schubarth (July 9, 2014). “14 Silicon Valley area IPOs are coming – but only 5 are tech companies” . Silicon Valley Business Journal .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “TubeMogul Rentals” . TubeMogul . Retrieved 6 July 2016 .
- Jump up^ “TubeMogul Software” . TubeMogul . Retrieved 6 July 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Jack Marshall (10 November 2016). “Adobe Furthers Marketing Ambitions Software with TubeMogul Acquisition” . The Wall Street Journal .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kelly Liyakasa (10 November 2016). “Adobe To Acquire Video DSP TubeMogul For $ 540M” . AdExchanger .
- Jump up^ “TubeMogul – Guiding Principles” . TubeMogul . Retrieved 22 August2016 .
- Jump up^ Kristen Nicole (23 July 2007). “TubeMogul Launches Cross-Network Video Tracking Tool” . Mashable.
- Jump up^ Larry Kless (7 June 2009). “TubeMogul 2.0 democratizes video analytics – Web video distribution and analytics company sets new standards for online viewing metrics” . Vator News.
- Jump up^ Ryan Lawler (15 March 2010). “TubeMogul ‘s Ad Revenues Already Surpass Analytics Sales” . GigaOm.
- Jump up^ Erick Schonfeld (12 April 2011). “TubeMogul Relaunches As A Video Advertising Platform” . Tech Crunch.
- Jump up^ Ryan Lawler (30 May 2012). “TubeMogul Pitches Brand Safety With PageSafe, A Tool To See Where Really Appearing Ads” . Tech Crunch.
- Jump up^ Mike Shields (25 June 2013). “TubeMogul Is Down With GRPs Video BrandPoint BrandPoint” . Adweek.
- Jump up^ Andy Plesser (7 December 2014). “TubeMogul’s PTV Brings Programmatic to TV” . Huffington Post.
- Jump up^ David Burch (6 November 2015). “TubeMogul Launches Industry’s First Automated Cross-Screen Planning Software” . Global Newswire.
- Jump up^ James Nail (30 November 2015). “The Forrester Wave (TM): Demand Side Platforms Video Video, Q4 2015” . Forrester Research.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Marty Swant (31 March 2016). “TubeMogul Partners With Facebook to Help Brands Extend Audience TV Reach to Digital” . AdWeek.
- Jump up^ Tim Peterson (2 June 2016). “Twitter’s throwing the doors to its pre-roll video ad biz wide open” . Marketing Land.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Christopher Heine (13 June 2016). “Snapchat Launches at Colossal Expansion of Its Advertising, Ushering in a New Era for the App” . AdWeek.
- Jump up^ Haas School of Business (March 28, 2014). “IPO-bound TubeMogul Traces Origins to Berkeley-Haas” . Haas School of Business.
- Jump up^ Rafat Ali (15 October 2007). “Online Video Analytics Firm TubeMogul Sets Seed Funding” . GIGAON.
- Jump up^ TubeMogul Inc. (15 October 2007). “TubeMogul Secures Seed Investment from NetService Ventures” . PRWeb.
- Jump up^ CrunchBase (16 July 2014). “TubeMogul Company Overview” . CrunchBase.
- Jump up^ Liz Gannes (March 31, 2009). “TubeMogul Gets $ 3M for Video Distribution” . GigaOm.
- Jump up^ Chris Albrecht (27 October 2008). “TubeMogul Acquires Illumenix” . GigaOm.
- Jump up^ Vasanth Sridharan (28 October 2008). “TubeMogul Buys Flash Firm Illuminex Analytics” . Business Insider.
- Jump up^ Janko Roettgers (8 October 2010). “TubeMogul Raises $ 10M For Ads, International Expansion” . GigaOm.
- Jump up^ Xconomy (30 May 2013). “TubeMogul Secures $ 10,000,000 Series C Financing Round” . Xconomy.
- Jump up^ Eric Deeds, Esq. (May 1, 2014). “TubeMogul, Inc” . Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Jump up^ Ryan Lawler (March 26, 2014). “TubeMogul Files For $ 75M IPO, With $ 57M In Revenue And A $ 7M Net Loss For 2013” . Tech Crunch.
- Jump up^ Renaissance Capital (7 July 2014). “Video ad platform Provider TubeMogul sets terms for $ 75 million IPO” . NASDAQ.
- Jump up^ Lizette Chapman (18 July 2014). “Trinity Ventures, Capital Foundation Increase Stakes in TubeMogul IPO” . Wall Street Journal – Tech.
- Jump up^ Myles Udland (18 July 2014). “Video Advertising Company TubeMogul Had A Gigantic First-Day Pop IPO” . Business Insider.
- Jump up^ Alex Konrad (18 July 2014). “TubeMogul’s 50% IPO Jump Looks Great, But It’s Actually A Sign Of Ad Tech Struggles” . Forbes.
- Jump up^ Anthony Ha (10 November 2016). “Adobe acquires video ad company TubeMogul for $ 540M” . TechCrunch .
- Jump up^ Lara O’Reilly (29 Feb 2016). “Ad Tech TubeMogul company would reclaim advertisers every time it accidentally serves an ad to a bot” . Business Insider.
- Jump up^ Tate Papworth (1 March 2016). “TubeMogul will refund customers for traffic identified as fraudulent” . Marketing Mag.
- Jump up^ Lara O’Reilly (7 March 2016). “Ad tech company TubeMogul is launching an ad campaign that has Google has ‘conflicts of interest’ and ‘walled gardens ‘ ” . Business Insider.
- Jump up^ TubeMogul (7 March 2016). “A Manifesto For Independence” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ Rebecca Stewart (7 March 2016). “Google attacked for creating ‘walled gardens’ in TubeMogul campaign” . The Drum.
- ^ Jump up to:a b David Kaplan (23 May 2013). “Video Ad Rivals Collaborate On Open-Source Viewability” . Ad Exchanger.
- Jump up^ Vincent Flood (27 February 2014). “VivaKi Becomes First Agency Member to Sign Up to OpenVV Viewability” . Video Ad News.
- Jump up^ Laura Goldberg (8 June 2015). “IAB Tech Lab Takes Over Management of ‘Open Video Viewability’ Initiative, Originally Founded by TubeMogul, Brightroll, Innovid, Liverail & SpotXChange”. IAB.
- Jump up^ “Fake Pre Roll” . www.FakePreRoll.com. May 7, 2012.
- Jump up^ Garett Sloane (8 April 2014). “Fraud Alert: Millions of Video Views Faked in Sophisticated New Scam Bot – TubeMogul outs dozens of suspect sites” . Adweek.
- Jump up^ Andy Plesser (20 May 2014). “TubeMogul’s Brett Wilson is Battling Bots, Non-Human Video Views and Low Ad Rates” . Huffington Post.
- Jump up^ Erik Oster (6 March 2014). “IPG Mediabrands, Collaborate TubeMogul on Ad-Tech Apprenticeship” . Media Bistro.
- Jump up^ Tyler Loechner (6 March 2014). “IPG, TubeMogul Team To Offer One-Year Ad Tech Internship” . Media Post.
- Jump up^ “SXSW Alums Accelerator: Over $ 587 Million in Funding” . SXSW . Retrieved 14 July 2014 .
- Jump up^ Christina Lavingia (6 March 2014). “How SXSW Made These 5 Struggling Into Millionaires Entrepreneurs” . Go Banking Rates . Retrieved 3 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The nominees for the SXSW Accelerator 2014 [infographic]” . www.Surfly.com. February 28, 2014.
- Jump up^ Otilia Otlacan (27 January 2009). “AlwaysOn Announces OnMedia 100 Award Winners” . Ad Ops Online.
- Jump up^ Tyler Loechner (12 July 2012). “TubeMogul Recognized as an International AlwaysOn 250 Winner” . Media Post.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Inc. “TubeMogul Company Profile” . Inc.
- Jump up^ Lead 411. “Tech 200 Winners” . Lead 411.
- Jump up^ Deloitte. “Fast 500 Award Winners” (PDF) . Deloitte.
- Jump up^ iMedia Editors (8 May 2013). “Awards BuzzFeed Honor Awards, Google, and More” . iMedia Connection.
- Jump up^ Julia Cooper (18 April 2014). “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area – Midsize Companies” . San Francisco Business Times.
- Jump up^ The Drum (24 April 2014). “The Drum Digital Trading Awards 2014” . The Drum.
- Jump up^ Steffan Pedersen (17 November 2014). “Welcome to the Digital South! 2014 AIMA Awards” . Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association.
- Jump up^ Glassdoor (9 December 2014). “Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For” . Glassdoor.
- Jump up^ iMEDIA Editors (7 May 2015). “2015 ASPY Award winners unveiled” . iMEDIA.
- Jump up^ Katy Thomson (4 May 2016). “The Digital Drum Trading Awards – 2015 Winners” . The Drum.
- Jump up^ iMEDIA (3 May 2016). “Presenting the 2016 iMedia ASPY award winners” . iMEDIA.
- Jump up^ Katy Thomson (4 May 2016). “The Drum Digital Trading Awards – 2016 Winners” . The Drum.
- Jump up^ Fortune (28 June 2016). “100 BEST WORKPLACES FOR MILLENNIALS” . Fortune.
- Jump up^ Digiday (20 January 2016). “2016 Digiday Video Awards” . Digiday.
- Jump up^ “TubeMogul OpenSource Contributions on Github.io” .
- Jump up^ “TubeMogul on Puppet Forge” .
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (2 March 2016). “Curating ElasticSearch Indices with TubeMogul Curator Puppet Module” . TubeMogul. Archived from the original on 17 October 2016.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (25 February 2016). “TubeMogul Open Sources its Aerospike Puppet Module” . TubeMogul. Archived from the original on 17 October 2016.
- Jump up^ “TubeMogul, BrightRoll, Innovid, LiveRail and SpotXchange are the first participants in an industry-wide effort to develop open source tools for online video viewability” . May 23, 2013.
- Jump up^ “IAB Takes Over Open Video View Initiative, The ‘Standard Before The MRC Standard ‘ ” . AdExchanger. 8 June 2015.
- Jump up^ “TubeMogul Github repositories” .
- Jump up^ “Geeks Who Love Music Of East Bay” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ “Bay Area Stream Processing” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ “Look back, look now, see forward” . Oreilly. 22 June 2016.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (12 November 2015). “How TubeMogul Handles over a Trillion HTTP Requests a Month” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (8 December 2011). “Scaling on EC2 in a Fast-Paced Environment” (PDF) . TubeMogul. Archived from the original on 17 October 2016.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (7 April 2016). “Moving Large Workload from a Public Cloud to an OpenStack Private Cloud: Is It Really Worth It?” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (22 June 2016). “Mega Volume: How TubeMogul Leverages NetSuite” . TubeMogul. Archived from the original on 17 October 2016.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse, Julien Fabre (26 May 2015). “How TubeMogul Reached 10,000 Puppet Deployment in One Year” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (25 January 2016). Billion Requests a Day . TubeMogul. Archived from the original on 17 October 2016.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (29 September 2011). “Monitoring a Cloud Infrastructure in a Multi-Region Topology” . TubeMogul.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (28 September 2012). “Optimizing your Monitoring and Trending Tools for the Cloud” (PDF) . TubeMogul. Archived from the original on 17 October 2016.
- Jump up^ Nicolas Brousse (25 September 2017). “The Five Steps to Building a Successful Private Cloud” . InfoQ. Archived from the original on 25 September 2017.