Talend ( Pronunciation: TAL-end ) is a software integration vendor. The company provides big data , cloud storage , data integration , data management , master data management , data quality , data preparation and enterprise application integration software and services.  The company is headquartered in Redwood City, California . 
Talend was founded in 2005 by Bertrand Diard and Fabrice Bonan . It was the first commercial open source software vendor of data integration software.  Other vendors have since entered this market, including Apatar , Jitterbit , and Pentaho . Other data integration vendors include IBM , Informatica , SAP AG .
The company’s first product, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration ,  was launched in October 2006, under its previous name: Talend Open Studio . In June 2008, Talend released Talend Open Studio for Data Quality under its previous name: Talend Open Profiler .
In March 2007, Talend announced the creation of its US subsidiary, Talend Inc. 
In 2006 and 2007, AGF Private Equity and Galileo Partners provided the first two rounds of funding A and series B. 
In July 2007, Talend launched its first enterprise version,  Talend Data Integration (formerly known as Talend Integration Suite).
In October 2007, Talend announced the creation of its German subsidiary, Talend Germany GmbH. 
In 2008,  Talend Was first listed in Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant deferrals for data integration and data quality for in 2009.
In January 2009, Bernard Liautaud , the founder of Business Objects, led a $ 12 million round C     for his firm Balderton Capital .
In March 2009, Talend announced the creation of its UK subsidiary, Talend Ltd. 
In 2009, Talend was included as a Visionary  in the Magic Quadrant for Data Integration.
In September 2009, Talend acquired a master data management (MDM) Xtentis solution, which was developed by a French software vendor Amalto .    In January 2010, the system Was released as an open source product under the name Talend MDM  (Delivered as a free open source version of Talend Open Studio for MDM and subscription-based Talend Platform for MDM ). It became the first open source MDM solution on the market. 
In April 2010, Talend Raised $ 8 Million in Series D  from Idinvest Partners, Galileo Partners and Balderton Capital.
In September 2010, Talend announced the creation of its Japan subsidiary, Talend KK. 
In November 2010, Talend announced the acquisition of Sopera, a strategic member of the Eclipse Foundation and Silver Lake Sumeru led a $ 34 million round.    
In December 2010, Talend launched Talend Open Studio for ESB and ESB under the previous name, Talend Integration Factory. 
In May 2011, Talend introduced its Unified Integration Platform. In 2011, the company was listed on the Momentum Index of venture-backed companies with an open source business model. 
In 2011, Talend has gone to Visionary in Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools  and Gartner’ s Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. 
In 2012, Talend was a Visionary in two of Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrants for Application Infrastructure,  in Gartner’ s Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools  and in Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools. 
In February 2012, Talend Open Studio for Big Data, an integration application for big data, was released. 
In 2013, Talend has gone to Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Integration Suites  and Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools.  Talend was also released by Gartner in the “Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions”. 
In December 2013, Talend raised $ 40 million from Bpifrance, Iris Capital, and Silver Lake Sumeru .  Talend is backed by six venture capital firms.
In 2014, Talend has gone to Visionary in Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools  and in Gartner’ s Magic Quadrant for On – Premises Application Integration Suites. 
In March 2015, the company released Talend Integration Cloud to enable developers to simplify and accelerate cloud and hybrid integration projects. 
In August 2015, Talend is a Visionary in Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. 
In January 2016, Talend joined Cloudera, Data Crafts, Google, Cask and PayPal to propose Google’s Data Cloud to the Apache Software Foundation. 
In February 2016, Talend introduced Data Preparation,  a free open source application for quickly preparing data analysis.
In March 2016, Talend Integration Cloud Summer ’16  is released with enhanced big data integration for AWS.
On July 29, 2016, Talend had its initial public offering (IPO) on NASDAQ. Talend has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Customers include Citi , GE Healthcare , Aldo , OTTO Group , Virgin Mobile , Groupon , Travis Perkins , M2City, Deutsche Post , Newcastle University and Allianz .   It had 617 employees in 2016. 
Talend is an Apache Software Foundation sponsor.  Apache, Apache Spark , CXF , Camel , ServiceMix , Syncope, Karaf, Santuario, ActiveMQ and Apache Incubator as Mentors. The company is also a member of the Java Community Process (JCP), a Member Solutions of the Eclipse Foundation  and a Corporate Member of OW2 . 
Talend publishes the code of its core modules under the Apache License . 
Java is the main development language Talend’s products and services.
Its commercial partners include Bonitasoft, CGI , Cloudera , CSC , Couchbase , Datastax , EnterpriseDB , Google , Hortonworks , Jaspersoft, MapR , MicroStrategy , MongoDB , MySQL , Pivotal , Sage , Salesforce , Tableau , Teradata , Uniserv  and Vertica among many others.
Community.Talend.com is Talend’s technical community site. Sections available for users include a support forum , a wiki , bugtracker , components, tutorials and the translation tool Babili. 
Talend uses the open core business model .  Talend publishes the code of its core modules under the Apache License . Value added features and services are under license.
The commercial subscription license includes:
- Access to value added features (such as teamwork, load balancing , monitoring )
- Technical support
- IP indemnification (legal protection)
- Jump up^ “Talend Releases Free, Easy-to-Use Desktop App for Quickly Preparing Data for Analysis” . Yahoo Finance . Retrieved 2016-06-09 .
- Jump up^ Talend organization is CrunchBase
- Jump up^ Talend Eclipse Membership
- Jump up^ Open source start-up upgrades data integration software. Networkworld.com (2007-04-24). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Talend Inc. Company Profile
- Jump up^ Talend Organization CrunchBase page
- Jump up^ Talend Expands Data Integration Offering to Deliver a Robust Open Source Solution for the Enterprise
- Jump up^ Talend Germany GmbH Company Profile
- Jump up^ Who’s In, Who’s Out in Gartner’s New Data Integration Magic Quadrant
- Jump up^ Bernard Liautaud finances the software editor Talend. LaTribune.fr. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ More Validation For Open Source Software: Talend Raises $ 12 Million. TechCrunch (2009-01-26). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Talend’s Fundraising validates Open Source Data Integration. Itbusinessedge.com (2009-01-26). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Data integrator Talend scores $ 12M in funding. Sdtimes.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Talend Ltd DueDil Page
- Jump up^ Talend Gate Crashes the 2009 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration
- Jump up^ Babcock, Charles (September 28, 2009). “Talend Acquires Master Data Management Firm” . InformationWeek . Retrieved 18 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Henschen, Doug (September 28, 2009). “Talend Open-Source Master Data Management Product Plans” . Information Week . Retrieved 18 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Basyn, Dirk (28 September 2009). “Amalto sells its MDM brick to Talend” . Channel News (in French) . Retrieved 18 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Henschen, Doug (November 10, 2010). “Talend Acquires Open Source Bus Service” . InformationWeek . Retrieved 18 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Babcock, Charles (January 25, 2010). “Talend Master Enters Data Managment [ sic ] Arena” . Network Computing . InformationWeek . Retrieved 18 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Talend organization is CrunchBase
- Jump up^ Talend Provides Services for Growing Japanese Market
- Jump up^ Flinn, Ryan. (2010-11-10)Silver Lake Sumeru Invests in Talend Data Management Company. Bloomberg.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Open Source Software Talend Raises $ 34M; Acquires Sopera. Techcrunch.com (2010-11-10). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Bertrand Diard, CEO and Co-founder of Talend. France24.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ New growth stage for Talend. Latribune.fr. Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Jump up^ Talend Integration Factory is Major Step Forward in Democratizing ESB Market
- Jump up^ http://momentumindex.com/96-open-source-start-ups-ranked-by-momentum-index-3/
- ^ Jump up to:a b IBM and Informatica Chase Dataflux in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Quality 2011
- ^ Jump up to:a b Talend Recognized as a Visionary in 2012 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools
- Jump up^ Talend Positioned as Visionary in Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools
- Jump up^ Talend Empowers Apache Hadoop Community with Talend Open Studio for Big Data
- Jump up^ Talend Positioned as “Visionary” in Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites
- Jump up^ Exploring Gartner’s Data Integration Vendor Magic Quadrant 2013
- Jump up^ Talend Included In Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant for MDM of Customer Data Solutions
- Jump up^ Talend Raises $ 40M To More Aggressively Extend Big Data Market, Sets Sights On IPO
- Jump up^ Talend Recognized as a Visionary 2014 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools
- Jump up^ Talend Positioned as a Visionary in 2014 Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites
- Jump up^ Talend Data Integration Takes to the Cloud
- Jump up^ Talend Recognized as a Visionary in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools
- Jump up^ “Open Google Dataflow Analytics Code through Apache Incubator” . thevarguy.com . Retrieved 2016-06-09 .
- Jump up^ “Talend Introduces Desktop Data Prep App for Quickly Preparing Data for Analysis” . Database Trends and Applications . 2016-02-09 . Retrieved 2016-06-09 .
- Jump up^ Team, Editorial (2015-07-20). “Talend Releases Update to Integration Cloud” . insideBIGDATA . Retrieved 2016-06-09 .
- Jump up^ 30 Companies using Talend
- Jump up^ Talend Data Masters Award Winners 2015
- Jump up^ http://siliconangle.com/blog/2016/08/25/talend-beats-street-on-revenue-but-stock-drops-on-earnings-shortfall/
- Jump up^ Platinum Sponsors – Apache Software Foundation
- Jump up^ Talend Eclipse Membership Page
- Jump up^ OW2 Consortium Members
- Jump up^ Talend Affirms Commitment to Apache Licensing of Open Source Integration Tools
- Jump up^ http://www.uniserv.com/en/news-data-quality/news2011/aktuelles_040.php
- Jump up^ https://www.talendforge.org/Talendforge
- Jump up^ Aslett, Matthew (2009-07-08)What is Open Core Licensing (and what is not). blogs.the451group.com