Sense Networks is a New York City based company with a focus on applications that analyze data from mobile phones , carrier networks , and taxicabs , particularly by using machine learning technology to make large data of location (latitude / longitude) data.    
In 2009, Sense was named one of “The 25 Most Intriguing Startups in the World” by Bloomberg Businessweek  and was called “The Next Google” on the cover of Newsweek . 
In 2014, Sense Networks was acquired by YP , “the local search and advertising company by Cerberus Capital Management and AT & T.” 
Sense Networks was founded by Greg Skibiski in February 2006 (2003?) Near Northampton, Massachusetts . After Establishing an office in NoHo , New York City near Silicon Alley , Skibiski or recruited Alex Pentland , Director of Human Dynamics Research and training Academic Head of the MIT Media Lab , Tony Jebara , Associate Professor and Head of the Machine Learning Laboratory at Columbia University , and Christine Lemke , who would later become co-founders. 
Sense Networks investors include Intel Capital , Javelin Venture Partners , and Kenan Altunis . 
Founder Greg Skibiski was powered by lead investor Intel Capital  in November 2009 following the company’s round of financing, the same week company won the Emerging Communications Conference “Company to Watch” Award. 
The company HAS three published patent applications for Analyzing sensor data streams, System and Method of Performing rental Analytics (US 20090307263) Comparing Spatial-Temporal Trails in rental Analytics (US 20100079336), and Anomaly Detection in Sensor Analytics (US 20100082301). 
The company was acquired by the Yellow Pages in 2014. This is a marketing conglomerate under AT & T and Cerberus Capital Management. 
Products and services
The Citysense consumer application, which shows GPS data,  was named by ReadWriteWeb (in The New York Times ) as “Top 10 Internet of Things Products of 2009”. 
The Cabsense consumer application, which shows the best places to catch in New York City based on GPS data from the vehicles, launched in March 2010. 
The Macrosense platform is for mobile application providers and mobile phones to analyze billions of customer rental data points for predictive analytics in advertising and churn management applications.
Privacy & Data Ownership
The company allows users to opt-out of their service through their website, and users can monitor their profile through their application. The company does not collect identifiable data (such as phonenumbers or names); it collects data received from cellphone to construct anonymous profiles of consumers. This anonymous data / profiles may then be sold to third parties.
The company’s privacy and data ownership is based on the New Deal on Data, as advocated by Alex “Sandy” Pentland, head of the Human Dynamics group at MIT. 
- Geosocial Networking
- Location-based service
- Location awareness
- Jump up^ Fitzgerald, Michael. “Predicting Where You’ll Go and What You’ll Like”, The New York Times , New York, 22 June 2008. Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- Jump up^ Sheridan, Barrett. “A Trillion Points of Data”, Newsweek , New York, 28 Feb 2009. Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- Jump up^ Baker, Stephen. “Mapping a New, Mobile Internet”, Bloomberg Businessweek , New York, 26 February 2009. Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- Jump up^ Markoff, John. “You’re Leaving a Digital Trail.” What About Privacy? ” ,The New York Times , New York, 29 November 2008. Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- Jump up^ Ante, Spencer. “The World’s Most Intriguing Startups”, Bloomberg BusinessWeek , New York, 12 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-12 it.
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ “YP, Mobile Search Firm, Buys Sense Networks”, New York Times.
- Jump up^ Junietz, Erika. “A Sense of Place”,MIT Technology Insider, Boston, August 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-14 it.
- Jump up^ “Press Release: Sense Networks Secures B Series for Location Analytics, Led by Intel Capital”, Intel Capital , New York, 30 June 2009. Retrieved on 2010-05-13.
- Jump up^ Baker, Stephen. “Data correlation: Used-car customers drop cell-phone service?” , The Numerati , New York, 8 January 2010. Retrieved on 2010-05-14.
- Jump up^ “Sense Networks Wins the Emerging Communications Conference & Inaugural Awards” Company to Watch “Award, Press Release , New York, November 2, 2009. Retrieved on 2010-05-16.
- Jump up^ US Patent & Trademark Office. Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- Jump up^ techcrunch / newyork times
- Jump up^ Silver, James. “The Hidden Persuaders”, Wired Magazine , London, 22 June 2009. Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- Jump up^ Macmanus, Richard. “Top 10 Internet of Things Products of 2009”,The New York Times , New York, 8 December 2009. Retrieved on 2010-05-13.
- Jump up^ Grynbaum, Michael. “Need a Cab? New Analysis Shows Where to Find One”, The New York Times , New York, April 2, 2010. Retrieved on 2010-05-16.
- Jump up^ needs quote