Semantic Research, Inc. is a privately held software company headquartered in San Diego, California with flagship offices in Washington, DC and Tampa, FL . Semantic Research (not to be confused with Symantec ), is a California C-corporation that offers patented, graph-based knowledge discovery, analysis and visualization software technology.   Its most popular product is a link analysis software application called SEMANTICA Pro.
The SEMANTICA platform was originally conceived as a method to help biology students learn and retain knowledge about complex organic structures. Joe Faletti, Dr. Kathleen Fisher, and several colleagues in the University of California created SemNet®, a computer program used to draw a network of “concepts” connected to each other by “relationships.”  In the late 1960s, Ross Quillian and Allan Collins used the concept of semantic networks as a way of talking about the organization of human memory, or memory for inter-related word concepts.   Using SemNet, students could use simple components to build complex networks. Context is key.
After the 9/11 al-Qaeda terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001, the US Intelligence Community made the analysis of the situation. they need a platform to fuse data stored in separate silos and interrogate it in real time to answer intelligence issues. Recognizing the potential for SemNet to do just that, Joe Faletti teamed up with Charles Gillespie, Chip Harrison and Chris Staszak to found Semantic Research, Inc. (SRI) in October 2001. The team of dedicated engineers and intelligence analysts at SRI expanded the SemNet program into SEMANTICA Pro, a network analysis program that works the way the human brain works, plus the perfect recall and powerful processing capability of a computer.
Semantic Research achieved early success with US Government customers including the Intelligence Community. SEMANTICA Pro was featured in CIOReview magazine among the 20 Most Promising Defense Technology Solution Providers of 2015. SRI employees are dedicated to providing quality software and support to customers domestically and internationally. SEMANTICA Pro Anti-money Laundering Compliance, Casinos & Gaming, Law Enforcement, Anti-money Laundering Compliance, Financial Services, Advisory Services & Consulting , Counter-terrorism operations, and more. Since 2016, Semantic Research has rapidly expanded its commercial footprint. Today, several Fortune 500 companies are using SEMANTICA to fight fraud, to comply with anti-money laundering regulations, to conduct corporate due diligence investigations, and to identify and analyze security threats.
The SEMANTICA platform can be deployed quickly for a single user, a small team, or an entire enterprise. Every aspect is customizable depending on the mission and logistical challenges facing each customer. SEMANTICA provides powerful analytical tools for ” big data ,” leveraging existing infrastructure with massive computation or data storage capabilities.
- SEMANTICA Pro is a network analysis software application used for research, research, and analysis at the desktop level.
- SEMANTICA Team is a server-based collaborative environment, where ” big data ” is a challenge.
SEMANTICA is designed to access any kind of data from one or more sources on-demand. Relevant data is then imported and normalized, or “mapped,” into a network of nodes connected by relationships, which are automatically defined and organized into a hierarchical structure. A variety of sophisticated analytical tools can then be leveraged to increase and explore data to find patterns and data-driven insights. A SEMANTICA query accesses data via a source connector, so the data always resides within its original framework instead of being copied or re-indexed somewhere external to the original source. By accessing the data on the fly instead of acquiring or storing it, SEMANTICA ensures data is always “fresh” and helps maintain the integrity of the data. The platform is highly flexible and future-friendly, since it can interface with any kind of data ( structured into tables and fields, or unstructured text and pictures) or Any Other application. SEMANTICA’s extensible API plugin framework and open API is highly adaptable to any environment. 
When one of the largest United States Government Intelligence Community Organizations evaluated 12 analysis-focused software products, including Palantir and i2 Analyst’s Notebook , SEMANTICA emerged as a clear winner among link analysis tools. One top-ranking government official at the Defense Intelligence Agency stated, “SEMANTICA is the high-end tool to use when advanced data fusion is required.” SEMANTICA is accredited for US Government facilities, including Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs), and multiple government networks.
- Intelligence Analysis
- Knowledge Representation
- Concept mapping
- Semantic networks
- Jump up^ US Patent 8,700,555 , Murphy, et al., “Systems and methods for peer education and a knowledge sharing repository”, issued April 15, 2014
- Jump up^ US Patent 9,298,702 , Faletti, et al., “Systems and Methods for Networking and Derivation of Information Systems”, issued March 29, 2016
- Jump up^ “Online SemNet Tutorial” . Retrieved 17 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ Fisher, Kathleen M (1992). Kommers, WFP; Jonassen, DH; Mayes, JT; Ferreira, A., eds. “SemNet: A Tool for Personal Knowledge Construction”. Cognitive Tools for Learning . NATO ASI Series (F Series: Computer and Systems Sciences). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. 81 .
- Jump up^ Gorodetsky, Malta; Fisher, Kathleen M .; Wyman, Barbara (1994). “Generating connections and learning with SemNet, a tool for constructing knowledge networks” . Journal of Science Education and Technology . 3 (3): 137-144 . Retrieved 17 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Semantic Research: Connecting the Dots with Ontological Data Models” . CIOReview . Retrieved 17 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Semantic Research Joins Cipher Systems to Extend Data-Intensive Analytics Solutions” . CIOReview. May 16, 2016 . Retrieved 17 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Resources” . Semantic Research, Inc . Retrieved 17 May 2017 .