SalesforceIQ (formerly RelateIQ), a subsidiary of Salesforce.com , is an American enterprise software company based in Palo Alto, California . The company’s software is a relationship intelligence platform that combines data from email systems, smartphone calls, and enhancements to augment or replace standard relationship management tools or database solutions. It scans “about 10,000 emails, calendar entries, and other data points per minute at first run”. 
In July 2014, salesforce.com announced plans to acquire the company for close to $ 400 million.  Industry insiders predicting salesforce.com’s data acquisition, enabling the world’s # 1 CRM provider to compete. One article on the acquisition states, “If RelateIQ fulfills its promises of stopping team members accidentally emailing the same queries to customers or customers, or allows salespeople to decipher the corporate hierarchies of their potential contacts through algorithms, there could be some lasting changes to the world of sales. ” 
The company was founded in July 2011 by Adam Evans and Steve Loughlin. At the end of July 2013, the company made headlines by bringing data scientist DJ Patil as VP of Product.  The leadership team also includes VP of Sales, Armando Mann, and VP of Marketing Elise Bergeron (formerly of Facebook).
Controlling traditional relationships management systems, SalesforceIQ ‘s platform automatically isolates and analyzes a user’ s professional emails and other interactions. In synergy with other sources, such as LinkedIn and Facebook, SalesforceIQ leverages data science to “comb through emails, analyze them, and offer reminders and suggestions to busy salespeople.” 
In March 2014, the company released “Closest Connections”, a feature that “automates a normal time-consuming and potentially erroneous-sales process” by identifying warm introductions for potential prospects based on real activity happening within a team’s email inboxes, phones, calendars, and social networks. 
- As part of the 2015 Dreamforce conference, RelateIQ was rebranded as SalesforceIQ. 
- In 2016 one of US companies has developed a business card scanning application – Business Card Reader for SalesforceIQ CRM.
- Jump up^ Rusli, Evelyn (6/12/13). “Your New Secretary: An Algorithm” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 7/8/13 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ “Salesforce.com Agrees to Acquire RelateIQ for About $ 390 Million” . Wall Street Journal. 2014-07-11 . Retrieved 2014-08-15 .
- Jump up^ “LinkedIn’s Data Guru’s Second Act At Salesforce” . Fast Company. 2014-08-01 . Retrieved 2014-08-15 .
- Jump up^ “Greylock’s Data Scientist In Residence Patil DJ Joins Enterprise RelateIQ Relationship Manager As VP Of Product” . TechCrunch. 2013-07-31 . Retrieved 2013-10-02 .
- Jump up^ Novet, Jordan (12/3/13). “Startups fatten up Salesforce.com with analytics and data” . VentureBeat . Retrieved 12/10/13 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ Novet, Jordan (2014-03-22). “RelateIQ identifies the best employee to contact each new sales lead” . VentureBeat .
- Jump up^ Ungerleider, Neal (2015-09-15). “RELATEIQ, SALESFORCE’S $ 390 MILLION” SIRI FOR BUSINESS, “GROWS UP” . FastCompany . Retrieved 2015-09-18 .