Predix is General Electric’s software platform for the collection and analysis of data from industrial machines.  General Electric plans to support the growing industrial Internet of things with cloud servers and an app store .  GE is a member of the Industrial Internet Consortium, which works with the development and use of industrial internet technologies. 
Predix as a cloud-based PaaS ( platform as a service ) is claimed to enable industrial-scale analytics for asset management (APM) and operations optimization by providing a standard way to connect machines, data, and people. What does it do? Apple does not do it for cell phones.  Built on Cloud Foundry open source technology, Predix provides a microservices based delivery model with a distributed architecture (cloud, and on-machine). 
Predix aims at system wide optimization and to create a model that spans entire systems such as aircraft operations. The model permits better optimization of each part of the system (such as a turbine blade) as well as optimization of the entire system (such as airline operations). 
Predix is developed by GE Digital in San Ramon, California near Silicon Valley and originally its own business unit. In September 2015 it became re-integrated into General Electric’s IT division.  
In November 2016, Forrester Research published The Forrester WaveTM: IoT Software Platforms, Q4 2016 and recognized GE Predix as a leader in the evaluation. 
- Cloud-based design and manufacturing
- Industrial control system
- Industry 4.0
- Jump up^ GE. “Predix Powers Industrial-strength Apps” . gesoftware.com . Retrieved 2015-06-29 .
- Jump up^ Finnegan, Matthew. “5 things you need to know about General Electric’s IoT cloud platform” . Retrieved 2016-07-30 .
- Jump up^ “Internet Consortium Smart Announces Airline Baggage Management Testbed” . Retrieved 2016-07-30 .
- Jump up^ Passeri, James (2015-03-06). “What is Apple’s iOS Did for Cell Phones” . thestreet.com . Retrieved 2015-06-29 .
- Jump up^ Gee, Sue (24 June 2015). “Predix – A Platform for the Industrial Internet Of Things” .
- Jump up^ Woods, Dan (28 September 2016). “What Is GE Predix Really Building?” .
- Jump up^ “Siemens and General Electric gear up for the internet of things” . The Economist . 2016-12-03. ISSN 0013-0613 . Retrieved 2016-12-03 .
- Jump up^ “Analyzing the Internet of Things at GE Research in San Ramon and Niskayuna” . Ars Technica . Retrieved 2016-12-03 .
- Jump up^ Pelino, Michele (2016-11-15). “The Forrester Wave ™: IoT Software Platforms, Q4 2016” . Forrester Research .