Platfora, Inc. is a big data analytics company based in San Mateo, California . The firm’s software works with the open-source software Apache framework Hadoop to assist with data analysis, data visualization , and sharing.   
Platfora was founded in 2011 by Ben Werther. Werther Computer Science Study at Stanford University .  Prior to founding Platfora, he worked at There Inc., Siebel Systems , Microsoft , and Greenplum .   In 2011, Werther puts John Eshleman and SriSatish Ambati in a café in downtown San Mateo, California. At Werther, he said that he was able to develop software that is very important for data analysis and visualization. Werther sought financing to start Platfora; Platfora as founding vice president of technology. Ambati formed his own company, Oxdata (renamed H2O.ai ).  In 2012, Platfora acquired startup Plot.io for its browser-based data visualization technology.
Platfora received funding from Andreessen Horowitz , Battery Ventures , Sutter Hill Ventures , Tenaya Capital , Citi Ventures , Cisco , Allegis Capital and In-Q-Tel , the venture fund of the Central Intelligence Agency . Series C funding was $ 38 million. As of April 2014, total funding stood at $ 65 million.   
Platfora is one of Several big data analytics companies That industry analysts expect to compete with firms Established Including SAP , IBM , SAS , and Oracle , Whose older methods of data analysis and visualization ares currently more time consuming.   
On August 6, 2015, Platfora announced Jason Zintak as chief executive and Ben Werther executive chairman. 
On December 8, 2015, Platfora announced $ 30 million of investment by HSBC and Harmony Partners, alongside existing backers including Alleges Capital, Andreessen Horowitz , Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Cisco Systems , Sutter Hill Ventures and Tenaya Capital . 
In July 2016 it was announced that Platfora was being acquired by Workday, Inc .. 
Platfora’s software works with the open-source software framework Apache Hadoop; when a user queries a database, the actual time in real time via a graphical user interface . Bloomberg Businessweek called it “Big Data for Dummies.”  A corporate or government data analyst can use the interface to filter results, or drag and drop fields to create graphs, overlays, and other visualizations of the data. The analyst can then share those data visualizations and answers.  
CRN Magazine named Platfora’s in 2013.  Platfora’s software was used at a festival in Kansas City to analyze the city’s crime data.  Marketing firm Gartner named Platfora in 2015.  A magazine mentioned Platfora in 2014. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Platfora Names Jason Zintak as CEO” . Platfora . Retrieved January 11, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Bort, Julie. “Larry Page’s College Friend Has Launched a Cool New Startup” . Business Insider . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Pawn, Deborah. “Platfora Founder Goes in Search of Big-Data Answers” . Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Vance, Ashlee. “Big Data for Dummies or at Least Product Managers” . Bloomberg Businessweek . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- Jump up^ Henschen, Doug. “Big Data’s Big Picture: An Insider’s View” . Information Week . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- Jump up^ Bort, Julie. “How Big Data Startups Could Kill a $ 30 Billion Industry” . Business Insider . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- Jump up^ Harris, Derrick. “Visualization is the future: 6 startups re-imagining how we consume data” . Gigaom . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Platfora’s big data platform raises $ 30M to boost sales efforts – Silicon Valley Business Journal” . Silicon Valley Business Journal . Retrieved 2015-12-09 .
- Jump up^ http://blogs.workday.com/workday-to-acquire-platfora/
- Jump up^ Whiting, Rick. “The 10 Coolest Big Data Products Of 2013” . CRN Magazine . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Platfora and Big Win DST at Big Data Kansas City Festival” . Yahoo Finance . Retrieved 22 January 2014 .
- Jump up^ https://www.gartner.com/doc/3033817/cool-vendors-big-data-
- Jump up^ Vance, Jeff. “10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch” . CIO Magazine . Retrieved 16 April 2014 .