MapR Technologies, Inc. is an enterprise software company headquartered in Santa Clara, California . MapR overall Provides access to a wide variety of data sources from a single cluster, Including big data workloads Such As Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark , a distributed file system, a multi-model database management system , and event streaming. Combining analytics in real-time with operational applications, its technology runs on both commodity hardware and public cloud computing services.
MapR Technologies is privately held with $ 9 million from Lightspeed Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates in 2009. MapR executives from Google , Lightspeed Venture Partners , Informatica , EMC Corporation and Veoh . MapR had an additional round of funding by Redpoint in August, 2011.   A round in 2013 was led by Mayfield Fund that also included Greenspring Associates.  In June 2014, MapR closed has $ 110 million financing round that was led by Google Capital .Qualcomm Ventures aussi participated, along with Existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners , Mayfield Fund , New Enterprise Associates and Redpoint Ventures .  
The company Contributes to Apache Hadoop projects like HBase , Pig (programming language) , Apache Hive , and Apache ZooKeeper .  MapR’s Apache Hadoop distribution claims to provide full data protection, no single points of failure, improved performance, and dramatic ease of use. MapR introduced a technology licensing agreement with EMC Corporationon May 25, 2011, supporting an EMC-specific distribution of Apache Hadoop .  MapR was selected by Amazon to provide an upgraded version of Amazon’s Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) service.  MapR has also been selected by Google as a technology partner.  MapR was able to break the speed record on Google’s compute platform. 
MapR provided three levels of license for their M3, M5 and M7. M3 is a free version of the M5 product with degraded availability features. M7 is like M5, but adds a purpose-built rewrite of HBase that implements the HBase API directly into the file-system layer.
On September 8, 2016, MapR announced Matt Mills (formerly of Oracle Corporation ) became chief executive, replacing co-founder John Schroeder. 
In 2016, MapR renamed their product “Converged Data Platform”. Version 5.1.0 included: the MapR FS filesystem, MapR-DB document database management system (marketed as NoSQL ), and MapR-Streams, which implements the Apache Kafka interface.
- Amazon offers MapR’s M3 and M5 editions as premium options on the Elastic MapReduce service to Apache Hadoop versions. 
- Big Data Partnership partners with MapR as first Certified Training & SI partner in EMEA 
- Google partnered with MapR in the launch of the Google Compute Engine . 
- Cisco Systems announced support for MapR software on the Cisco Unified Computing System platform. 
- Informatica Corporation
- Impetus Technologies
- Teradata Corporation
- Tata Consultancy Services 
- Databricks 
- The unbelievable Machine Company 
- Apache Accumulo
- Apache Software Foundation
- Big data
- Database-centric architecture
- Jump up^ “MapR Technologies Secures 20 million in Funding” . Retrieved 19 Sep 2011 .
- Jump up^ “MapR Makes Friends of Hadoop” . Retrieved 19 Sep 2011 .
- Jump up^ Hesseldahl, Arik. “MapR Lands $ 30 Million C Series Led by Mayfield Fund” . All Things D . Retrieved 9 May 2013 .
- Jump up^ Hesseldahl, Arik. “MapR Raises $ 110 Million in Capital Round by Google Capital” . recode.net . Revere Digital LLC . Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- Jump up^ Gabrielle, Karol. “Google Capital Leads $ 110M Round in Big-Data Startup MapR” . foxbusiness.com . Fox News Network . Retrieved 2 July 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Why MapR is Right to Give Back to Apache Hadoop” . Retrieved 1 June 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Startup MapR Underpins EMC’s Hadoop Effort” . Retrieved 1 June2011 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon EMR with the MapR Distribution for Hadoop” . Retrieved 25 June 2011 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Amazon Taps MapR for High Powered Elastic MapReduce” . Retrieved 25 June 2011 .
- Jump up^ “MapR Technologies Joins the Google Cloud Platform Partner Program” . Reuters . Retrieved 9 May 2013 .
- Jump up^ Metz, Cade. “Google Teams With Prodigal Sound to Bust Data Sort Record” . Wired . Retrieved 9 May 2013 .
- Jump up^ Heather Clancy (September 8, 2016). “Ex-Oracle Exec Is Now CEO of Big Data Firm MapR” . Fortune . Retrieved September 14, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “MapR Announces Certified Training with Big Data Partnership in EMEA” .
- Jump up^ “Compute Engine Google Third Party Support Leverages” .
- Jump up^ “Cisco UCS with MapR: Advanced Performance Delivering for Hadoop Workloads” (PDF) . Cisco . Retrieved 9 May 2013 .
- Jump up^ http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/tcs-partners-with-mapr-technologies-to-make-new-big-data-offerings-114072201086_1.html
- Jump up^ Tavakoli-Shiraji, Ashoka (April 1, 2014). “Databricks and MapR Partner to Provide Enterprise Support for Spark” . MapR . Retrieved September 28, 2014 .
- Jump up^ http://www.bigdata-insider.de/unbelievable-machine-und-mapr-verstaerken-kooperation-to-460958/