Lucidworks is a San Francisco, California -based enterprise search technology company offering an application development platform, commercial support, consulting, training and value-add software for open source. Apache Lucene and Apache Solr . Lucidworks is a private company founded in 2007 as Lucid Imagination and Publicly lancé on January 26, 2009. The company Was renamed to Lucidworks on August 8, 2012.  The company received Series A funding from Granite Ventures and Walden International in September 2008 ; In-Q-Telis a strategic investor. In August 2014, Lucidworks closed an $ 8 million Series C round with Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures and Walden International participating.  In November 2015, Lucidworks closed a $ 21 million Series D round with Allegis Capital, and existing investors Shasta Ventures and Granite Ventures participating. 
The company follows a Professional Open Source model to target organisms Evaluating gold already using the Apache Lucene / open source search platform for search applications Their Solr. Lucene and Solr, which include additional utilities, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. Apache Lucene and Solr originally established a following without commercial support; however, as the market adoption for commercially supported open source grows,  enterprise search application developers have sought these models for these applications as well. Lucidworks is the primary commercial steward for the Solr project employing one-third of the project’s committers and contributing 70% of the code in addition to producing the Lucene / Solr Revolution conference. 
Marc Krellenstein, The Lucidworks Founding Technical Team of Marc Krellenstein, Grant Ingersoll, Erik Hatcher, and Yonik Seeley, advisor to Doug Cutting .
Lucidworks partially operates on a professional open-source business model based on open code , development within a community, professional quality assurance , and subscription-based customer support . They produce open-source code, more programmers can make further adaptations and improvements.
Lucidworks sells subscriptions for the support, training, and integration services that help customers in using open-source software. Customers can buy support in the following ways.
On September 18, 2014, Lucidworks released Lucidworks Fusion, a platform for building enterprise search applications with Apache Lucene / Solr.  
On May 10, 2017, Lucidworks announced its acquisition of Twigkit, a software company specializing in user experiences for search and big data applications. 
- Finalist for the 2010 Red Herring 100 North America Award 
- Lucid Imagination Congratulates Apache Solr on InfoWorld Bossie Award Win 
- Winner, InfoWorld 2017 Technology of the Year 
- Jump up^ What Happened to Lucid Imagination?
- Jump up^ “SEC Form D” . August 31, 2014.
- Jump up^ “Lucidworks Announces $ 21 Million in D Funding Series” . November 18, 2015.
- Jump up^ Montalbano, Elizabeth (February 16, 2006). “OSBC: Professional open source grows up” . InfoWorld.
- Jump up^ Assay, Matt (April 20, 2009). “Open source gains while proprietary software declines” . CNET News.
- Jump up^ Assay, Matt (April 20, 2009). PandoDaily http://pando.com/2014/09/10/how-disgruntled-ex-employees-and-bad-reporting-hung-lucidworks-out-to-dry/ . Missing or empty( help )
- Jump up^ Carney, Michael (September 18, 2014). “Open source gains while proprietary software declines” . LucidWorks debuts new Fusion platform, modularized offers, personalized search for the enterprise.
- Jump up^ Carney, Michael (September 10, 2014). Under New CEO, Lucidworks Aims to Redefine Search and Itself http://www.datanami.com/2014/09/18/new-ceo-lucidworks-aims-redefine-search/ . Missing or empty( help )
- Jump up^ “Lucidworks Acquires Twigkit to Deliver Superior Enterprise Search Experience” . May 10, 2017.
- Jump up^ Finalist for the 2010 Red Herring 100 North America Award
- Jump up^ Lucid Imagination Congratulates Apache Solr on InfoWorld Bossie Award Win
- Jump up^ InfoWorld’s 2017 Technology winners of the Year Award