Fluentd is a cross platform open source data collection software project originally developed at Treasure Data. It is written primarily in the Ruby programming language.
Fluentd is a Big Data tool for semi- or a-structured data sets. Like Apache Kafka , it analyzes event logs , application logs, and clickstreams .  According to Suonsyrjä and Mikkonen, the “core idea of Fluentd is to be the unifying layer between different types of log inputs and outputs.”  According to its official website, Fluentd is available on Linux and OSX and experimentally on Windows. 
Fluentd was created by Sadayuki Furuhashi as a project of Mountain View -based firm Treasure Data. Written primarily in Ruby , its source code was released as open-source software in October 2011.   The company announced $ 5 million of funding in 2013. 
Fluentd Was one of the data collection tools recommended by Amazon Web Services in 2013, When It Was Said to be similar to Apache Flume gold Scribe .  Google Cloud Platform ‘s BigQuery recommends Fluentd as default real-time data-ingestion tool, and uses Google’s customized version de Fluentd, called Expired google-fluentd, as a default logging agent.  
- Jump up^ Pasupuleti, Pradeep and Purra, Beulah Salome (2015). Data Lake Development with Big Data . pp. 44-45; 48.Packt. ISBN 1785881663
- Jump up^ Suonsyrjä, Sampo and Mikkonen, Tommi”Designing an Unobtrusive Analytics Framework for Monitoring Java Applications”, pp. 170-173 inSoftware Measurement. Springer. ISBN 3319242857
- Jump up^ Fluentd.org. “Download Fluentd”. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Jump up^ Mayer, Chris (30 October 2013). “Treasure Data: Breaking down the Hadoop barrier”. JAXenter
- Jump up^ Fluentd.org. “What is Fluentd?” . Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Jump up^ Derrick Harris (July 23, 2013). “Treasure Data raises $ 5M, Hadoop fuses and data warehouse in Amazon’s cloud”. GigaOm .
- Jump up^ Parviz Deyhim (August 2013). “Best Practices for Amazon EMR” (PDF) . Amazon Web Services. p. 12 . Retrieved March 24, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Google Cloud Platform(2016). “Real-time logs analysis using Fluentd and BigQuery”. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Jump up^ Google Cloud Platform (2016). “The Logging Agent”. Retrieved 10 March 2016.