The term “biological computation” refers, variously, to any of the following:
– the study of the computations performed by natural biota ,     including the subject matter of systems biology .
the design of algorithms inspired by the computational methods of biota 
– the design and engineering of manufactured computational devices using synthetic biology components  
– computational biology 
When biological computation refers to biology to computers , it is a subfield of computer science and is distinct from the interdisciplinary science of bioinformatics which simply uses computers to better understand biology.
- Biological computation (2011) by Ehud Lamm and Ron Unger, CRC Press, ISBN 978-1-4200-8796-3 .
- Jump up^ Mitchell, M. (2010) Biological Computation. http://www.santafe.edu/media/workingpapers/10-09-021.pdf
- Jump up^ Didales, K. (2007)Being – Our New Understanding of the Meaning of Life. https://sites.google.com/site/djhbrown2/IPM.pdf
- Jump up^ Bray, D.Wetware: A Computer in Every Living Cell(2009)ISBN 0-300-14173-4,ISBN 978-0-300-14173-3
- Jump up^ NIMBios (2015)Information and Entropy in Biological Systems http://www.nimbios.org/workshops/WS_entropy
- Jump up^ Lamm, E. and Unger, R.Biological Computation. Chapman and Hall / CRC, 2011.
- Jump up^ Biological Computation Group at MIT – Psrg.csail.mit.edu “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2013-10-30 . Retrieved 2013-10-23 .
- Jump up^ Sergi Regot, Javier Macia, Núria Conde, Kentaro Furukawa, Jimmy Kjellén, Tom Peeters, Stefan Hohmann, Nadal Eulàlia, Francesc Posas & Ricard Solé (2011) Distributed biological computation with multicellular engineered networks. http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v469/n7329/full/nature09679.html
- Jump up^ Biological Computation – Microsoft Research. http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/groups/biology