Alpine Data Labs is an advanced analytics interface working with Apache Hadoop and big data .       It provides a collaborative, visual environment to create and deploy analytical workflow and predictive models.   This AIMS to make analytics more suitable for business analyst level staff, sales and other departments like using the data, Rather than Requiring a “data engineer” or “data scientist” Who Understands languages like MapReduce or Pig .   
Dan Udoutch serves as president and CEO of Alpine Data Labs. 
Ex- Greenplum employees Anderson Wong and Yi-Ling Chen developed an app that could work with databases , which was used by the Data Science team at EMC  and early customers in Financial Services and Digital Media.   Alpine Data Labs was co-founded by Wong and Chen in 2010.   That year, Alpine raised 7.5 million in Series A roundfunding from EMC Greenplum, Sierra Ventures, Mission Ventures, and Sumitomo Corp. Equity Asia.  The funding was used in part to set up Alpine headquarters in San Mateo, California . Alpine also appointed Chief Product Officer, Steven Hillion, who had led the Data Science team at Greenplum.  Alpine’s core product then, Alpine Miner, used for non-data scientists to create predictive analytics data models without using code and used in “In-Database” model.   In June 2011, Alpine Miner 2.0 for Oracle Database was released. 
Tom Ryan was appointed CEO and President of Alpine Data Labs in January 2012 and served until April 2013. The following month, Joe Otto was appointed to serve as CEO and President.  In November 2013, Alpine Data Labs raised $ 16 million in Series B venture funding.   Investors included Sierra Ventures, Mission Ventures, UMC Capital, and Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH .  That same month, it also released Alpine 3.0, which introduced a drag and drop interface and access to data from internet devices , including tablets and phones.  Hadoop, and other databases and data warehouses, without IT having to move the data into another interface.  Alpine also moved its headquarters from San Mateo to San Francisco in November 2013, by which point the company had significantly expanded the functional breadth of its platform with enterprise collaboration and governance features.  In February 2014, Alpine Data Labs was added to the Gartner Magic Quadrant as a “Niche Player”   and later as a “Visionary”. 
In March 2014, Alpine Data Labs was certified by Databricks on Apache Spark .  Later that year, the company released an integration with the popular programming language, as well as support for all major Hadoop distributions and all major relational databases. 
In 2015, Alpine added an extensibility layer to its analytics engine, allowing users to add new operators to the visual editor for running custom algorithms developed in Java or Scala.  The company also developed a new interface (“Touchpoints”) for business users to interact with machine learning models.  Later developments including integration with Python Notebooks,  support for model operationalization,  and self-tuning of Spark-based algorithms.  Alpine’s customers include Havas,  CDC,  and NASA. 
Alpine was acquired by TIBCO in November 2017. 
- Jump up^ “Sand Hill 50” Swift and Strong “in Big Data” . Sand Hill. January 8, 2014 . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Robin Bloor (January 6, 2014). “10 Companies and Technologies to Watch in 2014” . Inside Analysis . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Ted Cuzzillo (December 4, 2013). “Alpine Data and Goliath” . Data Doodle . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Eric Blattberg (2013-10-30). “Big data, little companies: These six startups want to disrupt the data world” . Beat Venture . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Noreen Seebacher (October 2, 2013). “Big-Data Draws Attention at Interop New York” . All Analytics . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Scott Koegler (December 3, 2013). “Making Big Data Work For Your Business” . Forbes . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Bob Gourley (2013-10-17). “The breakthrough technologies every analyst should know about” . Analyst One . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Valentina Craft (2013-10-29). “2014, the year of big data applications”. Silicon Angle . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Christina Farr (2013-11-22). “Alpine Data Labs gets $ 16M to ensure companies will not fail with big data analytics” . Beat Venture . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Derrick Harris (2013-11-22). “Alpine Data Labs raises $ 16 million for its visual approach to data science” . Gigaom . Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- Jump up^ Gil Press (2013-09-24). “What’s A CMO To Do?” Alpine Data Labs “Otto And Aziza On The Digital Marketing Landscape” . Forbes . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “EMC Alpine Taps As SAS Alternative For Analytics – InformationWeek” . InformationWeek . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Derrick Harris (July 20, 2011). “Greenplum protected predictive muscle to Exadata” . Gigaom . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ EMC. “Alpine Data Labs | Partners | Partners | Data Science Series” . datascienceseries.com . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Alex Woodie (2013-10-29). “Alpine Demos Big Data Analytics from an iPad” . Datanami . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Robin Wauters (May 11, 2011). “Alpine Data Labs Scores $ 7.5 Million To Help Companies Analyze Troves Of Data” . TechCrunch . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Patrick Hoge (May 11, 2011). “Alpine Labs gets $ 7.5M to mine Big Data” . San Francisco Business Times . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Alpine Data Labs Raises $ 7.5 Million in Series A Funding and Formally Launches in the US” . Database Trends and Applications. May 13, 2011 . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/potmsearch/detail/submission/459871/Steven_Hillion” . www.bizjournals.com . Retrieved 2017-11-14 . External link in( help )
- Jump up^ Jeffrey Kelly (May 23, 2011). “Alpine Data Labs Offers Visualization Tools to Create In-Database Analytics Models” . Silicon Angle . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Robert Gelber (February 16, 2012). “Alpine Climbs Analytics Mountain Data” . Datanami . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Alpine Data Labs Names Joe Otto CEO” . Reuters PE HUB. May 3, 2013 . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Alex Konrad (2013-11-22). “This Startup Just Raised $ 16M To Barclays Help, Nike And Havas Play With Big Data” . Forbes . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Brandon Butler (November 11, 2013). “Products of the week 11.11.13”. Network World . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Mike Vizard (November 7, 2013). “Alpine Data Analytics App Works Directly Against Hadoop” . IT Business Edge . Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- Jump up^ “Alpine Data Labs – Butler Analytics” . Butler Analytics . 2013-08-26 . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ Gregory Piatetsky (2014-02-24). “SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime Leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms” . KDnuggets . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms” . Gartner. 2014-02-19 . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Gartner Again Recognizes Alpine Data as a Visionary in 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms” . Alpine Data . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ Daniel Gutierrez (2014-03-18). “Certified Databricks Alpine Data Labs on Spark” . Inside Big Data . Retrieved 2014-03-30 .
- Jump up^ “Alpine’s Chorus analytics framework sings with more languages” . IT World Canada . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ “Alpine Data Delivers the Custom Operator Framework, Enabling” Build Once, Everywhere Run “Analytic Assets for the Enterprise” . Alpine Data . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ “Alpine Data Launches Touchpoints – The Power of Predictive Analytics for the Business User – insideBIGDATA” . insideBIGDATA . 2015-09-29 . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ “Alpine Delivers the Next Generation of its Advanced Analytics Platform Chess to Connect Machine Learning to Business Behavior – insideBIGDATA” . insideBIGDATA . 2016-05-27 . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ “From PMML to PFA: A Forward Way Forward for Deploying Predictive Analytics – insideBIGDATA” . insideBIGDATA . 2017-02-03 . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ Anadiotis, George. “Spark gets automation: Analyzing code and tuning clusters in production | ZDNet” . ZDNet . Retrieved 2017-11-14 .
- Jump up^ “How to Top Ad Firm Stopped Big Data Fearing and Learned to Love Analytics” . Datanami . 2014-08-18 . Retrieved 2017-11-15 .
- Jump up^ “Tracking the Opioid-Fueled HIV Outbreak with Big Data” . Datanami . 2016-12-15 . Retrieved 2017-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Kedar, Kapil. “How science and rocket science will get humans to Mars” . TechCrunch . Retrieved 2017-11-15 .
- Jump up^ “TIBCO Acquires Alpine Data to Add Collaborative Project Management for Advanced Analytics | TIBCO Software” . www.tibco.com . Retrieved 2017-11-15 .