VoloMetrix, Inc. is an American subsidiary of Microsoft based in Seattle, Washington . VoloMetrix sells people analytics software that combines data from collaboration platforms to create data visualizations and dashboards . At the end of April 2013, the company raised $ 3.3M in series A funding from Shasta Ventures .  In October 2014, VoloMetrix announced a round of funding with Shasta Ventures and Split Rock Partners that raised $ 12M.  In September 2015, Microsoft announced that they had acquiredthe company, but did not disclose the amount. The acquisition was made to improve existing Microsoft offers Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Delve . 
The company was founded in 2011 by Ryan Fuller, the company’s CEO, and Chris Brahm, Senior Partner and Director at Bain & Company . The VoloMetrix leadership team includes Natalie McCullough (Chief Revenue Officer), Nimrod Vered (VP of Engineering), Chantrelle Nielsen (VP of Product), Ahmed Quadri (VP of Customer Solutions), Eileen Conway (VP of Marketing), and Peter Cullen ( Chief Privacy Officer). Jim Simons, Managing Director of Split Rock Partners, joined the VoloMetrix Board of Directors following the B funding round.
VoloMetrix extracts and analyzes anonymous data from company email, calendar, social platforms and line-of-business applications.
In August 2014, VoloMetrix has announced that it has filed a patent for its proprietary technology and associated metrics.  VoloMetrix’s key organizational metrics include Organizational Load Index (OLI), Fragmentation, Network Efficiency Index, and other measures.
Metrics provided by VoloMetrix include:
- Organizational Load Index : number of hours a person consumes from the rest of the organization
- 1: 1 Manager Interactions : number of hours per week spent in meetings involving only an individual and the individual’s direct supervisor during a given time period
- Time in Meetings : number of hours per week
- Jump up^ Day, Matt (September 3, 2015). “Microsoft buys employee monitoring software company VoloMetrix” . Seattle Times .
- Jump up^ “Enterprise Performance Analytics Startup VoloMetrix Raises $ 3.3M From Shasta Ventures” . TechCrunch. 2013-04-24.
- Jump up^ “VoloMetrix Raises $ 12 Million in B Funding Series to Accelerate Growth” . CNN Money. 2014-10-13.
- Jump up^ Foley, Mary Jo (3 September 2015). “VoloMetrix Microsoft to Acquire Organizational Analytics.” Microsoft is buying Seattle-based organizational analytics VoloMetrix vendor and intends to integrate its technology with Delve Organizational Analytics . ZDNet .
- Jump up^ “VoloMetrix Files Patent for Ground-Breaking Predictive People Analytics Software” . Market Wired. 2014-08-27.